Tuesday, March 8, 2011

PB&J Muffins

This was inspired by Paula Dean -she's my aunt in my head.  But I tweaked a basic muffin recipe on my own.

Fun story about today.  I made three batches of muffins.  Two dozen were blueberry with lemon and one dozen of these pb&j muffins.  It wasn't until I was typing up the recipe for this post that I realized that I had forgotten the sugar...in all three batches!  That's my epic cooking fail of the day.  I like to say that if you can read you can cook because most recipes will not lead you astray.  I guess today I just can't read.  :) 



Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins

1 1/3  cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup cooking oil
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
Jam or jelly of choice

Grease or line with paper cups a muffin tin (twelve 2.5 inch)
In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, and salt.  Make a well in center of flour mixture, set aside.
In another bowl combine egg, milk and oil.  Add egg mixture and peanut butter to flour mixture.  Stir until just moistened and the peanut butter is mixed.
Spoon batter into the muffin cups to about 1/2 full.
Top with aprox a teaspoon of jelly or jam.
Fill cups with the rest of the batter so that the jam is encased in the batter.
Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 mins.

Serve warm with a tall glass of milk.  :)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You must have been channeling me that day. I'm notorious for leaving out vital ingredients!

    ReplyDelete