Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Avocado Pear Turkey Burgers

This was an experiment gone right!  :)  First, I had never put pears on a burger.  Second, I have never made turkey burgers.  Turns out it is quite tasty!  Give it a try.



Avocado Pear Turkey Burgers

3 lbs ground turkey
two handfuls of Parmesan cheese
1/2 handful of garlic powder
1/2 handful of dried thyme
one egg

Mix the above and separate into 6 patties. 

Sliced pears and mozzarella cheese.
While grilling the pears, top the patties with pear and melt the cheese on top of it. 

You can serve these any way you would like but I did so with chipotle mayo, avocado, and tomato on toasted whole grain bread.  :)  I made up a side of sweet potato fries (frozen...I cheated) and that's what we had for dinner at my house tonight!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment