Thursday, March 3, 2011

Meg's Intro

Hi, all!
I'm flattered that you're still reading and in hopes that you will keep reading I'll continue.
This blog is going to be a hodge-podge of anything involving the heart of the house, ie: the kitchen.  From cooking to baking, from menus to "It's-5:00-what-am-I-making-for-dinner" dinners, from cookbooks to aprons, we are hoping to at least dabble in it all.  Hopefully between the two of us we will be able to post at very least every other day.
By we I mean my mother and myself.  I'll let her introduce herself but I have to get this out in the open right now.  I rarely follow recipes exactly.  I usually will read the recipe to get a feel for what's going on in the dish and then do my own thing, sometimes revisiting the recipe to make sure I don't absolutely ruin dinner.  Which is why I'm not the most experienced baker.  A baker cannot fly by the seat of his/her pants -- the results would not be pretty.


What's for dinner at my house: Chicken penne alfredo with bacon, peas, and mushrooms. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading your blog. Not that I do a bunch of cooking, but I do a bunch of eating so that works, right? (And Cindi says I could learn to cook... I think she's hinting at something.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You absolutely can learn to cook. Or cook together. One of my favorite cooking shows is a couple. (Down Home with the Neeley's) Mom and I have been working out how we are going to run the blog and right now we will have a main dish posted at least once a day. Tonight, I am posting the Chicken penne alfredo! :)

    ReplyDelete