Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chicken penne alfredo

This is an easy dish and my husband really likes it.  It is really filling, especially if you use a whole wheat pasta and it's an easy way to stretch chicken, too.  I'm not amazing with estimating the servings as I'm not one to just have one "serving size" portion of something I like but if I had to take a stab at it I'd say this would feed 6 adults.  If you added a side salad and some dinner rolls or crusty bread it would go even further!  Hope you like it. 



Chicken Penne Alfredo
(from Meg's kitchen)

1 lb penne pasta
1 jar of Alfredo sauce
1 carton of mushrooms
1 bag of frozen peas
1 lb bacon
4 chicken breasts
Salt & pepper for seasoning chicken

Season chicken and bake at 350 until internal temp is 170 F. (aprox 15-20 min) Slice chicken into strips.
While chicken is cooking, boil penne in a large stock pot to aldente and drain.  Return pasta to pot.  Defrost peas according to directions on the package.  (I used a microwave)
Cook bacon on a griddle until crispy and then crumble.
Add chicken, bacon, peas, mushrooms, and alfredo sauce to the cooked pasta and heat through.
Enjoy!  :)

2 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy! This looks like such a fun blog! I"m excited to read your guys recipes! Maybe it will get me cooking too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome. It is yummy and so very easy. You can substitute whatever you have in your fridge -- left over pork chops and broccoli for example. Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete