Saturday, March 5, 2011

Best - Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies


I'll have to do dinner later because right now we have a baptism to get ready for. :) So here are the cookies I'm taking...

Everyone probably has their favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, but if you don't the search is over! These are wonderful! It is out of the Essential Mormon Cookbook: Green Jell-O, Funeral Potatoes, and Other Secret Combinations. I've yet to make anything out of that book that I don't like. It's under the "Love Thy Neighbor" section - which is good advice for me. Because if I don't take these to a couple different houses, I'll end up eating the whole batch. I bet they'll be your new favorite, too. :)

1 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour ( I like to use half white, half wheat)
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 (12-ounce) bag of semi- sweet chocolate chips
(I like to add a cup of chopped walnuts, but if you're not a nut person, leave them out :)

Cream together butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla. In a separate bowl sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture and bet well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes (12 in our oven) until lightly browned. Makes about 3 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment